Friday, December 18, 2009

I'll Try Anything Once

Ten decisions shape your life,
you'll be aware of 5 about,

7 ways to go through school,
either you're noticed or left out,
7 ways to get ahead,
7 reasons to drop round,
when i said ' I can see me in your eyes',
you said 'I can see you in my bed',

that's not just friendship that's romance too,
you like music we can dance to,

Sit me down,
Shut me up,
i'll calm down,
and i'll get along with you.

The Strokes, this song, I'll Try Anything Once, I'm addicted.
* correction... is the song called you only live once?


This morning at breakfast an older man asked me "Hey honey, where you get those beautiful blue eyes from?" I had barely noticed him and he was already asking me. Fuck. Why?
It's like torture. The one thing everyone notices is my eyes. All I said was, "Thank you," as I kept walking through the doors, a side smile in disbelief.
Then he was so shocked that I kept walking. He asked again, "From your Dad?" as if it were really bothering him that he didn't know. Both of my parents have brown eyes. I guess I get them from my grandparents, but I wouldn't know.

Creepy as fuck. Leave me alone...you know?

When I woke up this morning, way early, and I was thankful. One of those rare times when you can wake up in the morning and not be annoyed or half asleep even though you are running on about 3 hours of sleep. It was just, pleasant feeling. I told myself I was most thankful for my healthy body. With all of its imperfections and highlights, I was happy to be in this body. It's a great thing to feel when you are 18 and alone.

I'm going home in the morning. I've got about ten boxes to go home, for a 3 week vacation. I plan on bringing back 7. I've got too much stuff so I'm going to get rid of some of it. Riding back with my brother. It's been too long since I last saw him. God, it's good to have family.

Happy Holidays :]


Photo cred.

No comments:

Post a Comment