Saturday, August 15, 2009

Moving Out is a lot like Dying

Here I am, night before moving in at college. I haven't even tried to go to bed yet, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work out too well. Especially considering I've had trouble sleeping due to college related anxiety for the past couple months. Actually probably longer than that.

All of this packing up everything you own and preparing to leave, saying goodbye to everyone you know... It feels a lot like you are about to die. It's scary. You are excited and nervous at the same time. You aren't sure if maybe you are really dreaming and the last few months never happened. But they did. Lord, they sure did. You had your summer of fun. Ugh, that reminds me summer is officially over tomorrow. It sucks. This summer has been undoubtedly the best time of my life. You realize life is purely choices now. You don't have to be in class at 8am like you were for the last 13 years. Summer after graduating high school is such an ecstasy it's so hard to explain. You want it to last forever because you feel so free. But then you are excited because everyone tells you college will be the best time of your life. So many emotions.

My last night at home. After tonight I don't live here really. My stuff is in boxes and bags and this room feels so empty. Well tomorrow I will have lotsss to talk about.... I'm guessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment